Christos Vroullis started in 1991, in Greece, with his wife Ntina Doryforou, establishing their own workshop and creating their first handmade items of mouth-blown glass.
After 13 years of experience with glass, working with it freely without moulds, he began making handmade glass beads. His success in this area encouraged him to create new items and experiment with new materials such as copper, brass and pewter.
Recently, in 2015, he moved to Edinburgh, where he continues his inspiring creations.
Now, he designs and creates handmade lights, mirrors, clocks, hangers and anything else that inspires him! He draws inspiration from nature and from ancient history.
He is a member at Edinburgh Sculpture Workshop, Leith Lapidary Club and design Gap.
He has participated in many trade fairs in Greece, Germany and UK.
All his items are distinguished by their original, natural style which allows the handmade character of the object, and the original earth materials used, to be brought out.
He creates unique pieces that carry his signature and characteristic style.
• 1995 Litohoro, Pieria- Greece (individual)
• 1998 Municipality of Thessaloniki– Greece (group exhibition)
• 2005 Municipality of Epanomi – Greece (individual)
• 2011 Municipality of Katerini – Greece (group exhibition)
• 18, 19 & 20 of March 2016 “Art in Granton” – Madelvic House, Edinburgh (group exhibition)